Skip to main content

How do I get help?

The information on this page is for you to get help if you are being abused, or if you are concerned that someone you know, or care for, is at risk. You can report a concern by telephone or by completing the Safeguarding Adults Concern Form. All contact will be treated confidentially. 

In an emergency you should always call 999 and ask for the Police - they will come to your house at any time of the day if you need them.

Keeping people safe is everyone’s responsibility.

We all have a duty to report suspected, alleged or confirmed incidents of abuse. If you, or someone you know, is an 'adult at risk' but not in immediate danger you should contact:

Adult Social Care Intake & Access Team
Phone: 020 8227 2915
Minicom: 020 8227 2462

If you need help out of office hours (5pm – 9am and weekends) you should contact:

Out of Hours Emergency Social Work Duty Team
Phone: 020 8594 8356

Safeguarding Adult Concern Form

This form should be used to report a concern that may be possible abuse against an adult. You can find the form on the Safeguarding Concern Page. You can complete the form online, or complete the Word or PDF version and email it to the confidential email address. Please do not delay in completing this form as it may increase the risk to the adult. Please complete and return this form on the day the concern is identified. 

What will happen next?

If you call us, we will ask you questions about the person you are worried about, and the person you think is the abuser. If you fill in the alert form, you will be asked for these details as well.

It's really important that we protect the person you are worried about. We will need to investigate and make sure that they are safe. We will look at the situation carefully. What happens next will depend on the outcome of our investigation and the wishes of the person you think is being abused.

What not to do:

  • Don't confront the person you think is the abuser
  • Don't try to find out about it yourself
  • Don't touch or clean anything.

Someone to speak on my behalf...

Some people find speaking up for themselves difficult. This could be due to learning or physical disability, or a mental health problem, or for many other reasons. If you need somebody to speak out for you and get your voice heard, help is available in Barking and Dagenham.

If you think you or someone in your family requires advocacy support or for more information, contact the Cambridge House:

Telephone: 020 7358 7007 

For professionals who wish to make a referralClick here to download an advocacy referral form. 

Please Return This Referral Form to

Or post it to Advocacy at Cambridge House, 1 Addington Square, London SE5 0HF

Barking and Dagenham Mencap (PACT)

Phone: 0208 262 5330

Click here to see our easy to read leaflet 'Say no to abuse'

Back to top Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited