Skip to main content

I am worried about someone

It can be hard to know what to do if a friend or a member of your family is using drugs or drinking more alcohol than is good for them.

You can't make other people's decisions for them, but you can try to help them to see that what they are doing isn't good for them. If someone you know is using drugs, it's important to help them to get treatment so that they can stop.

There are plenty of support services locally that can offer help, advice, and information. Some of them also offer help for friends and relatives, as it can be very hard to cope when someone you care about is abusing drugs or alcohol.

The Barking and Dagenham Partnership

If you or someone you know have a problem with alcohol or drugs, there are services organised by the Barking and Dagenham Partnership that can help.

What is the Barking and Dagenham Partnership?

The Barking and Dagenham Partnership involves all the agencies that work together to deal with the problems of drugs; the Council, the NHS, voluntary organisations, as well as the Police and the probation service. The DAAT works together to make sure the best possible help is available. They do this by organising the drug and alcohol services that are needed in the borough, and making sure that the needs of people with drug and alcohol problems, and their families and carers, are met.

The Barking and Dagenham Partnership aims to:

  • Cut drug-related crime and antisocial behaviour within the community;
  • Cut harm caused to young people by drug and alcohol use;
  • Increase the number of drug users making a positive contribution to society;
  • Expand and improve drug treatment services;
  • Cut the number of families devastated by drug use;
  • Improve the services that are offered to you;
  • Make sure there are services to help people to deal with their drug and alcohol use;
  • Provide services to support families of drug and alcohol abusers; and
  • Make sure advice and information is available when you need it.

The partnership consists of:

  • Barking and Dagenham Council
  • The Police
  • NHS Barking and Dagenham
  • The Probation Service
  • The Fire Brigade

Get in touch

Subwize is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for young people aged 6 - 21 (including young offenders) and families in Barking and Dagenham
Phone 020 8227 5019
Web: Change,grow,live,subwize

If you want more information about drugs and alcohol, why not visit Talk to Frank or call 0800 77 66 00 for free advice.  


Is this information correct?
Back to top Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited