Skip to main content

Getting someone to speak on my behalf - Advocacy

What is advocacy?

Advocacy means getting support from another person to help you express your views and wishes, and to help make sure your voice is heard. Someone who helps you in this way is called your advocate.

Barking and Dagenham are committed to supporting people, We work closely with people who use our services to try and make sure their voices are heard and respected. However, if you need somebody to help you to get your views and choices across, you could ask for an advocate. This is somebody who is independent and not connected to council services. 

We have commissioned two services to advocate on your behalf, to support you to raise a concern or complaint against a service provider and an advocate service that looks at concerns within the NHS.

Back to top Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited